Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brownies in a Jar

It's Christmas time and that means it's a super stressful time of year when you have to try to figure out what the Hell to get people for the holidays. I loathe this part of the holiday season. It is great if I know exactly what I want to get someone, but when I don't, or can't find what I want, boy does it suck. So this year I am making some of my gifts and I thought I would share one really quick, easy gift that is great for relatives, coworkers or even the in-laws.

Mason Jar Brownies!


2/3 t. salt
1 1/8 c. flour, divided
1/3 c. cocoa powder
2/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
Please note this makes one jar

Also 1 quart size Mason jar (I suggest the widemouth kind...I did not use this and it made pouring ingredients in a bit more of a challenge).
And a ribbon or decorative top for the jar

Instructions:

In  a clean, dry canning jar, layer the ingredients as follows:
2/3 t. salt
5/8 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips


I have a problem following directions, so mine is not in this order and therefore my colors are a little off...it doesn't matter in the sense of making the brownies, just in presentation, so I suggest following the order listed above.


Close jar and wrap the ribbon around the top. Include the following instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9x9 baking pan.
2. Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs. Beat until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and enjoy!


Ta-da! You're done! You may also add 1/2 a cup of walnuts or pecans to the top of this as well, I personally have family with nut allergies, so I decided to forgo that ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment